Winter can be a dangerous time for seniors in the Northeast, between sub-zero temperatures and the risk of slipping and falling created by the season’s often-plentiful snow and ice. Therefore, keeping you warm, safe and on your feet is a top priority at Eddy Senior Living Communities.
Our Communities offer many safety features and maintenance services to help ensure a safe winter for our residents. A few of our winter safety measures include.
- Snow Removal: At Eddy Senior Living communities, our snow removal services go beyond just plowing parking lots, access roads and putting down salt. When there is two or more inches of snow, our maintenance crews remove the snow from the residents’ cars.
- Safety Equipment: Our full line of safety equipment and features keep residents protected year-round. We include handrails down hallways and in bathrooms and emergency pull-cords in the resident apartments and throughout the common areas of each community in case help is needed. We also provide 24-hour security to maintain the highest levels of safety.
- Transportation: Driving during winter months can be especially challenging due to inclement weather, but Eddy Senior Living residents never need to worry about getting around on their own out on slippery roads. We provide door-to-door scheduled transportation, including trips to doctor and dentist appointments, grocery stores and a variety of other outings.
- Indoor Deliveries: During the winter, even the simple act of walking outside to the mailbox can be dangerous for seniors. That’s why at Eddy Senior Living communities, newspaper and mail deliveries are made inside.
- Indoor Activities Galore: When the weather gets bad, isolation can be another factor that puts seniors at risk, especially when that leads to seniors venturing outside due to boredom. At Eddy Senior Living communities, this is not an issue. We offer a wide range of indoor activities to keep residents engaged all through the winter. The offerings include entertainment, presentations on various topics of interest, interactive creative programs, group activities, exercise and fitness programs. In addition, some communities have an indoor swimming pool, billiards and shuffleboard. There is something for everyone!
To learn more about our various Independent, and assisted living / enriched housing communities, and the options available for our residents, please use our convenient information request form, or call us at 518-280-8385 to speak with one of our helpful senior living specialists.