Eddy Alzheimer’s Center at Hawthorne Ridge is a memory care community conveniently located off I 90 East in East Greenbush NY, with easy access to all areas of the Capital Region. The 54 private room center is located on the campus of the East Greenbush YMCA and Library, Eddy Hawthorne Ridge which also offers independent and assisted living.
Programs serve individuals with early to mid-stage memory impairment — those with difficulties that require watchfulness and a supportive environment, but who do not need nursing home care.
The center is thoughtfully designed for individuals with memory loss –
- Specialized dementia education and communication coaching for all staff
- Extensive programs supporting life enrichment and resident purpose
- Full-time activities staff with scheduled activities and outings. Additional exercise programs held at the YMCA
- Flexible schedules to support lifelong patterns and preferences
- Secured residence with interior courtyards and outdoor garden pathways
- Assistance with activities of daily living (ADL’s)
- Medication management by 24- hour licensed nursing staff
- Full-service beauty/barber shop
- Religious services, if desired
- On site PT/OT; Physician, pharmacy, psychological and podiatry services available
- Respite care may be available for families who need short-term relief from their full-time caregiving responsibilities
- On-site café
A resource center provides educational programs, on-site support groups and family forums, professional conferences and workshops.
To learn more, please call our memory care specialist:
Eddy Alzheimer’s Center at Eddy Hawthorne Ridge
32 Community Way, East Greenbush, NY 12061