Summer in New York’s Capital Region is a whirlwind of activity, with something for everyone to enjoy! Attractions of every kind can be found in the Capital District and surrounding areas. We’ve highlighted some of our favorite things to do during the summertime below:
Every Thursday night during the summer, you can enjoy the sounds of the Lake George Community Band at 8:00 pm at Shepard’s Park Amphitheater in the heart of Lake George Village, NY. After the concert, watch as the night sky is illuminated by fireworks over gorgeous Lake George, known as the “Queen of American Lakes.”
- Albany, NY and the Capital Region are home to many museums including the New York State Museum, the Albany Institute of History and Art, planetariums, historical societies, nature preserves and more. What better way to experience the rich history of the Capital Region than with a trip to a local museum or enjoy the great outdoors with a trip to a nature preserve!
- If you’re in the mood for golf, then you’re in luck! The Capital Region and surrounding areas are home to some of the best golfing in New York State. From the Saratoga National Golf Club in gorgeous Saratoga Springs, to family friendly mini golf courses all over the area, there is something for every golfer, of all ages and abilities, to enjoy!
- If you’re feeling lucky, head over to Saratoga Springs. Home to the historic Saratoga Racecourse and the Saratoga Casino and Raceway, you can try your luck betting on the horse races or at the slot machines at the Casino. Afterwards, you can enjoy fine dining and a one of a kind shopping experience in downtown Saratoga.
Residents of our independent living communities also enjoy attending other local area events throughout the Capital District during the summer including:
- The Troy Farmer’s Market
- Tri City Valleycats baseball games at Joseph L. Bruno Stadium in Troy
- Free concerts and live music at Freedom Park in Scotia
- Attending events, like the New York City Ballet at SPAC in Saratoga
- Classic car shows held throughout the Capital District all summer long
- And much more!
With so many things to do in Upstate NY during the summer, it’s easy to find events and activities everyone can enjoy. Eddy Independent Senior Living communities are located in central areas throughout the Capital Region in Troy, Slingerlands, Niskayuna, Queensbury and East Greenbush. Experience active independent living at the Eddy, a trusted choice for the finest senior care and services since 1928. Contact us today to speak with a senior living specialist.