March is National Social Work month, which seems like the perfect time to remind both our existing residents and those seniors who may be considering a move to Eddy Senior Living about our Resident Advisor Services. Like social workers, our Resident Advisors help seniors solve and cope with problems in their everyday lives.
What is the Resident Advisor Program?
The Resident Service Advisor Program is provided through a contractual arrangement with Eddy Visiting Nurses, an affiliate of St. Peter’s Health Partners. The goal of the program is to enable residents to effectively age in place longer and maintain their highest level of independence. Resident Advisors inform seniors about all the services that are available to make their lives easier.
Services Provided by Resident Advisors
Resident Advisors can offer assistance in a variety of areas, from helping someone who is new to the Albany Capital Region find local doctors, to answering questions about Medicare and Long Term Care Insurance. Here are just a few of the services Resident Advisors can provide.
• Information on moving services and downsizers
• Assistance with finding doctors and specialists in the area
• Assistance with finding pharmacies that deliver to our senior living communities
• Help understanding Medicare, Medigap and/or drug coverage
• Help understanding Long Term Care Insurance coverage
• Information on the types of available mobile alert systems
• Help obtaining assistive devices and medical equipment (canes, walkers, oxygen, CapTel phones)
• Information on temporary private home care, physical and occupational therapy on campus
• information about assisted living and skilled nursing programs on campus
How to Take Advantage of the Resident Advisor Program
There is no additional charge to use the Resident Advisor Program at any of the Eddy Senior Living communities. To set up a time to sit down and speak with your Resident Advisor, simply stop by the front desk, or call (518) 280-8385.