We know that you, like most of the residents living in our Eddy Senior Living Communities, have spent the last few months finding creative ways to stay busy. Most people, especially seniors, have been spending as much time home as possible, social distancing from friends and loved ones, and only going out when necessary. Now, as our local communities begin opening, we know that many seniors are looking for fun and safe ways to stay busy.
One favorite pastime that many of the residents who live in our Eddy Senior living communities have is attending local farmer’s markets. With these local markets beginning to open with some new safety measures in place, seniors are now able to shop their favorite local-grown products again.
The Famers Market in Saratoga Springs as You Know it… With Some New Rules
Summer is here, and it just wouldn’t be the same without visiting our resident’s favorite summer hotspot: the Saratoga Springs Farmers Market!
Located in Bon-Ton and Bow Tie parking lots of the Wilton Mall, the farmer’s market is open on Wednesdays from 3pm-6pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm through October. However, in order to ensure the safety of both attendees and vendors, a variety of new guidelines have been instated.
Here’s everything you need to know before visiting this summer:
- Wearing masks has become the new normal now and is no different for the market. To keep the farmer’s market a safe shopping experience for everyone involved, masks will be required to be worn at all times.
- Sanitation stations will be located throughout the market. They are there to be used frequently throughout your visit to decrease the spread of germs from touching.
- Give your fellow shoppers some room, and they’ll do the same for you! Practice safe social distancing and give each other six feet of space while you’re browsing. Each booth will only allow one customer to approach at a time to make sure there’s no crowding and everyone has room to stay safe.
- Vendors will be the only ones allowed to handle the product. Unfortunately, this also means that one of our favorite farmer’s market past times—sampling—won’t be allowed this year.
- As for family, the market is asking that only two members of your household come to shop so that crowds are more limited and everyone has enough room to follow the rules. Our K9 companions are facing new restrictions as well—as per New York State’s recommendation, dogs are welcomed to be waked outside of the market, but should stay outside of the perimeters.
The Saratoga Farmer’s Market is not far from The Glen at Hiland Meadows and is a great way to start off a day trip to Saratoga Springs!