The decision to move a loved one out of their home and into a senior housing community is often a difficult one. Signs your loved one may be ready for assisted living can vary. Often aging adults will make the change when living alone entails too much work, or when help for some daily activities is required. There are many benefits to assisted living, but the key difference between assisted living and nursing homes is the freedom and control residents have in their day to day lives. These communities are full of active seniors who are able to manage most of their routines without help. Yet assistance is always available when needed, giving you and your family peace of mind.
Some of the benefits of assisted living / enriched housing at an Eddy Senior Living community include:
• Three Nutritional Chef Prepared Meals per day
• 24 hour security and emergency call system
• Daily Resident safety checks, bed making and trash removal
• Housekeeping, laundry and linen service
• Availability of full time, 24 hour assistance
• A monthly calendar chocked full of events that have social activities, cultural, recreational and educational programs
Furthermore, assisted/enriched living communities are designed to provide an environment for encouraging seniors to stay mobile, active, and safe. Often times, as people age, they can have a harder time getting out and socializing. This can make a senior feel withdrawn, lonely, or isolated. As an assisted/enriched living resident, seniors have a chance to become part of the community. They can participate in various community activities, attend community trips, make new friends, participate in group exercise classes, and develop a healthy routine. This socialization is beneficial to the mental health of aging adults.
Eddy Senior Living’s assisted/enriched living communities, located throughout the Capital District, empowers seniors to continue to live the life they love with added peace of mind. Through our affiliation with St. Peter’s Health Partners we are able to provide a wide variety of care options to meet the ever-changing needs of adults as they age. In addition to the benefits listed above, Eddy Senior Living assisted/enriched living also provides the following amenities:
• Attractively designed apartments
• Beautifully landscaped grounds and courtyard
• Tastefully decorated common areas, libraries, living rooms, dining rooms and activities centers
• Full service beauty/barber shop
• Individually tailored wellness care plan
• Regular health and wellness assessments
• Daily social activities & recreational programs
• Scheduled transportation
• Residence & Ground Maintenance
• And much more!
Give Assisted Living A Trial Run with Temporary Respite Care
Still unsure if assisted/enriched living is right for your loved one? Eddy Senior Living offer’s temporary respite care, giving care-givers a much needed break and allowing loved ones a chance to get to know the community risk-free before committing to long-term assisted/enriched living. Now through Labor Day 2017, sign up for 2 weeks of respite care and get your third week free! For more information contact us today at (518) 280-8385 or complete our contact form.