Eddy Memory Care at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center, located in Cohoes, NY, has always made community a core focus, whether it’s fostering a sense of fellowship within its own 52-room memory care campus, or actively embracing the communities of the greater local surrounding area. That’s part of why Eddy Memory Care has experienced such longevity: Despite remaining a non-profit facility since its inception, Eddy Memory Care just celebrated its 20th anniversary, and is clearly here to stay.
At a time when for-profit facilities increasingly attempt to erode the quality of available care by slashing prices and consequently, services, Eddy Memory Care at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center remains committed to its mission of providing the highest levels of care for individuals with memory loss, Alzheimer’s disease and other related dementias. With two decades of compassionate care already to its credit, Eddy Memory Care at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center offers an unparalleled and comprehensive care setting for its residents.
The number of dementia sufferers who’ve found compassionate care at the center is no small achievement: Since opening in 1997, Eddy Memory Care at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center has welcomed 1,222 residents. It has also served 1,540 participants in its DayBreak daytime enrichment/care program, including 685 clients originally served at the Rockwell location, as well as another 855 participants who moved to the Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center in 2009 from another location.
Over the last two decades the center’s leadership has remained similarly stalwart. There have been just four executive directors since the center’s 1997 opening: Nancy Cummings (1997 to 2006); Susan Moran (2006 to 2007); Lynn Young (2007 to 2015); and Trudi Cholewinski (2016 to present). From the executive director on down through the ranks, Eddy Memory Care at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center hires, trains and maintains the highest level of professionals in dementia care.
The community offers a mix of private and semi-private rooms, with programs tailored to individuals with early- to mid-stage memory impairment—those with difficulties that require watchfulness and a supportive environment, but who do not need nursing home care. Services and amenities at Eddy Memory Care at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center include:
• Holistic approach refined over twenty years and counting
• Specialized dementia education and communication coaching for all staff
• Extensive programs supporting life enrichment and resident purpose
• Full-time activities staff with scheduled activities and outings
• Flexible resident schedules to support lifelong patterns and preferences
• Secured residence with interior courtyards and outdoor garden pathways
• Assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs)
• Medication management by 24-hour licensed nursing staff
• Full-service beauty/barber shop
• Worship services
• Physician, pharmacy, psychological and podiatry, PT/OT services available
• Cutting-edge therapies including light treatment, aroma therapies, art therapy and interactive technology
• Intel-GE Care Innovations™ Quiet Care® monitoring technology installed in all Residents rooms, providing an additional level of safety and security
• Respite care may be available for families who need short-term relief from their full-time caregiving responsibilities
• Continuum of care throughout the St. Peter’s Health Partners Network
Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center also works to support caregivers, too, offering Short-term Respite Care for dementia sufferers. Short-term residents can stay at the center for a minimum period of 14 days, and a maximum stay of six weeks. Respite Care services allow caregivers to take time for themselves to recharge and re-energize, take a vacation, go on a business trip and more. While they’re enjoying some much-deserved free time to themselves, they can rest assured knowing that their senior loved one is well taken care of.
Respite stays include:
• Private apartments
• Nutritious meals
• Assistance with bathing and dressing
• Assistance with medication management
• Superior services and amenities
The center also offers Eddy DayBreak, a stimulating and enriching program for adults, who due to illness, injury or age, need a safe and secure daytime environment to help older adults live independently, while giving caregivers relief to go to work or meet other responsibilities. DayBreak at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center includes a medical day program for individuals experiencing memory loss. The program provides:
• Hot lunch and snacks
• Recreational, educational and social activities
• Supervision and assistance with personal care
• Transportation, if eligible
• Caregiver services
• Referral support
• Skilled nursing care
• Assistance with bathing or showering
• Social work services and care coordination
• Rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech/language therapies
• Behavioral health services
And to further support residents, caregivers and their families, Eddy Memory Care at Marjorie Doyle Rockwell Center also offers a resource center that provides educational programs, on-site support groups and family forums, professional conferences and workshops and a lending library for caregivers and professionals.
Please contact us to receive more information and/or to schedule a visit to our community. The center is conveniently located off the Northway (I-87) in Cohoes NY, with easy access to all areas of the Capital Region and Saratoga County.